Informatics is the systematic study which generates and presents the information for the organization and their users. Applications of Informatics are really working to present the information in a convenient way.
Definition of Informatics:
Some necessary definitions are being;
“The discipline of science which investigates the structure and properties of scientific information, as well as the regularities of scientific information activity, it’s theory, history, methodology, and organization.” Oxford English Dictionary (2000)
“Informatics is the study of the behavior and structure of any system that generates, stores, processes, and then presents information.” (Techopedia)
Informatics is the study of quantitative aspects of information which includes the production, dissemination, and use of all forms of information of its form or origin. (Wikipedia)
Applications of Informatics:
There are several applications of informatics are being in the current world, mentionable some are given below;
- Biological Informatics: Biological informatics refers to the development and use of a computer, statistical, and other tools in the collection; organization, dissemination, and use of the information to solve problems in life science.
- Clinical Informatics: Clinical informatics is defined as the applications of computer technology to support clinical practice, education, administration, and research.
- Dental Informatics: Dental informatics is the science and the art of preventing oral disease and promoting oral health.
- Environmental Informatics: It attempts to bridge the gap between the information processing and analytical needs of environmental scientists.
- Geomatics: Geomatics provides a quantitative and computationally based approach of measurement, analysis, and management of the descriptions and locations of spatial information.
- Health Informatics: Health informatics is a discipline dedicated to the acquisition, organization, communication, and information about health information systems.
- Legal Informatics: Legal informatics applications are affecting legal scholarship, education, and practice and can be found in various legal environments; law offices, law schools, courts, government agencies, etc.
- Management Informatics: Management informatics is a particular application of informatics to the management issues concerning organizations.
- Medical Informatics: Medical informatics is the application of computers, communications, and information technology and systems to the fields of medicine, i.e. medical care, medical education, medical research.
- Social Informatics: Social informatics is defined as the interdisciplinary study of the design, uses and consequences of information technologies that take into account their interaction with institutional and cultural contexts.